Monday, September 26, 2016

life today

One year ago, I never thought that my life would turn out like it did. All I wanted last year was to graduate and I said to myself I’ll figure out later what I want to do. Maybe doing another social work, living as a dentist somewhere far away from the city, coming back home after two or three years and by that time I’ll know what to do: master or residency program, and maybe if I’m lucky enough I’ll get married around 27 or 28.

Today, one year after studying night and day to pass the exam, here I am studying night and day again (and also working from 8 to 3 or sometimes from 8 to 8) because right now I’m taking Oral Biology and Immunology Master Program.

I never thought that I could live the kind of life I’m having right now. I mean being a lecturer and a researcher was never on my list. I always wanted to be a dentist and being able to help people. And that was all I know.

At this stage what I can say is that everything in life was meant to be. That’s the best explanation I can come up with every time people asked me why am I giving up my dream to leave the city and being a dentist somewhere where it takes two hours for people to get to hospital or why I didn’t take residency program or why my choice was not Health Management Master Program like what I always wanted.

I know what I wanted but God knows better. God knows better than any of us.

Today, as a dentist I’m doing my best to fix someone’s smile, trying to make some pain go away, and educating people to live a better and healthier life. As a junior lecturer, I enjoy sharing all of my tiny little knowledge to undergraduate students and hoping that the little things I taught them will make them a better dentist someday. As a student, I’m having fun taking notes from my lecturers, my seniors. As a junior researcher, I’m working on little things that I hope can make an impact someday to improve other’s life.


I’m not giving up my dream. I’m living a bigger one right now.

1 comment:

kurye ankara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.